A few years back, women were patient in using fake eyelashes to look great every day. But with the kind of lifestyle women have … [Read More...]
Eyelash Extensions FAQ’s
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
They are individual synthetic eyelashes that are longer and usually more curly than natural lashes, they’re carefully attached individually (one by one) to your natural eyelashes to add length and volume. Most female celebrities and models have eyelash extensions. They make the eyes stand out and take attention away from any crows feet or wrinkles – this gives a youthful look and draws attention into your eyes (which is generally seen as most peoples best feature)
Should I Get Extensions – Why?
Lash extensions suit most people. Here are some reasons you should consider them:
- They give you longer, darker eyelashes that make you appear more youthful
- Give your eyes an instant lift and make them appear sparkly
- Saves you time applying makeup (no need to wear mascara!)
- Carry on life, as usual, e.g. exercise, swim, shower – all while looking glamorous
- When visiting The Lash Spa it feels like visiting a day spa – welcome drink, aromatherapy and tranquil spa music – all complimentary with your set of lashes!
- Complimentary lash brush and foaming cleanser (RRP $24.95)
How Long Do They Last?
This varies on how long your natural lashes will last (we lose and regrow eyelashes constantly) They generally last around 4 weeks. If you’d like to keep your eyelash extensions indefinitely, you can maintain them by coming in for “infills” every 2-4 weeks. An infill is a touch-up appointment to refresh your extensions and make them look brand new again. It doesn’t take as long or cost as much as the original set.
Can Eyelash Extensions Damage My Natural Lashes?
They certainly can if you don’t go to someone qualified to do your extensions. This will never happen at The Lash Spa. Unqualified or unskilled “technicians” can rush through jobs, use too much glue or even use the wrong type of glue (cheap glue imported from china). We use the highest quality glue available and would never risk your health with inferior products. We only apply one extension to one natural lash, so you will never feel discomfort or get early lash fall (which can happen if your natural lashes get glued together, or heavy extensions are used).
How Long Does the Lash Application Take?
The initial full set appointment takes 60 minutes (you’ll probably fall asleep for most of it – most clients do!). Infills take around 30 minutes and you have the option of adding a ‘lash boost’ which takes another 15 minutes.
Are Eyelash Extensions Right For Me?
Our clients are women of all ages, from mums to corporate clients and students. They’re the perfect solution for those who want to roll out of bed looking gorgeous – without spending too much time doing makeup! Keep in mind that eyelash extensions may not be for everyone – especially if you have had the following:
- an allergic reaction to gel pads or eyelash extension adhesive before
- sensitive eyes e.g. they often swell, itch, water
- have an eye infection or medical condition that affects your lash and eye health
- have recently had eye surgery/cosmetic eye treatments – eg. eyeliner tattoo, lash perm, LASIK
- cannot lie still on your back for a long time due e.g. pregnancy or back problems
- are unable to follow the advised aftercare e.g. you aren’t willing to switch to oil-free eye products
How Do I Choose The Style That Suits Me Best?
If you’re not sure which style to get, we’ll have a talk about the look you’re after at your appointment during your consultation. I make recommendations based on your eye shape, current lashes and how natural or dramatic you’d like them to be.
How Do I Prepare My Lashes For Extensions?
Please arrive at the appointment without any eye makeup on. Also, ensure you don’t have to go swimming or in a spa/sauna for at least 24 hours after the appointment, and it’s best to shower pre-appointment because you can’t shower for at least 24 after the application.
How Do I Take Care of My Lash Extensions?
- After your first appointment, we’ll give you a bottle of our special Lash Spa cleanser – use it every 2-3 days to clean them thoroughly.
- Make sure you don’t get them wet for at least 24 hours after application. This includes showering.
- Don’t pull at them or rub your eyes.
- Don’t use any products that contain oil. This means mascara, but also any facial cleaners or moisturisers – using these can loosen the bond of the glue.
- Check out this video I made on lash aftercare to get the full scoop!
Client Lash Gallery
This is where my eyelash extensions stand out from the crowd. I aim to create naturally beautiful lashes and tailor them to your unique eye shape to ensure that they suit you and your personality perfectly. See my full before and after gallery (and especially the ‘repair’ section) to see the dramatic difference my lashes can make.
Inside The Lash Spa
In my salon I aim to remove that stark and sterile atmosphere that many beauty salons seem to be trending towards. I go to great lengths to make sure you feel totally relaxed, comfortable and cozy by creating an environment so perfect that most of my clients take a well deserved nap during their appointment.