Sensitive eyes can be a bit limiting, especially when it comes to choices like choosing your makeup or getting lash extensions. The wrong choice can result in wasted time, resources, and red, irritated eyes.
While lash extensions are generally safe, you still need to do a bit of research to know what you should avoid and what you should ideally look for, especially if you have sensitive eyes.
Can you still get lash extensions at all even if you do have sensitive eyes? The short if it is yes, you definitely can!
Lashes and Sensitive Eyes
If you’ve experienced getting red eyes after a lash extension service, it’s usually caused by fumes from the glue. This happens when gas molecules from cyanoacrylate, the base compound of lash adhesives, are emitted.
Depending on how the lashes were applied and your eye sensitivity, the lash adhesive may also potentially irritate your eyes.
- You can prevent irritation by observing the following tips:
- Make sure that the lash extension service is conducted in a well-ventilated room to direct the harmful fumes away from your eyes.
- The room should also have its humidity and temperature controlled to allow the glue to work and dry properly.
- Do a full consultation with a master lash technician.
In case irritation occurs, there are several ways to alleviate the condition:
- Taking allergy medication may help alleviate and soothe the symptoms of irritation.
- Use a cold compress to calm the irritated eye(s).
- Apply cortisone cream to the affected area. This can help reduce redness and discomfort caused by the irritation.
Getting Your Lash Extensions
This is how lash extensions work: each extension is glued to one healthy natural eyelash so that your natural lashes won’t get damaged. They are applied from the middle or to the outer 1/3 of your natural lashes so the glue won’t come into contact with your skin.
Eyelash extensions should be applied one at a time to your natural lashes by a certified master lash technician to keep them from clumping together, from having too much glue, and to minimize incidents of irritation.
Getting your lashes done at The Lash Spa means getting high-quality extensions. At The Lash Spa, we utilise a specially-formulated lash adhesive which dries in 1 second and is suitable for those with sensitive eyes. You’re in good hands with our master lash technicians; they have thousands of hours of experience so you’re guaranteed to achieve great results.
We only use medical-grade equipment and follow strict procedures to ensure the safety and satisfaction of our clients. If you think you may be susceptible to a reaction, you can visit The Lash Spa so that we can provide you with a patch test 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Although we use specially formulated lash adhesives, 24 hours will usually give you adequate warning in the event that you may be sensitive to the ingredients found in our adhesive.